- EDUCAUSE/NMC’s Six Trends Driving Changes in Higher Education The EDUCAUSE Learning initiative and the New Media Consortium (NMC) have collaborated on research now published in a new report from the NMC, Horizon Report > 2014 Higher Education Edition, which describes six key trends they see as accelerating higher education technology adoption. [Read More]
- “Heartbleed” and What the UA is Doing About It Recent media coverage has raised a lot of questions about the “Heartbleed” vulnerability. Here are some quick facts for the UA community to help you understand the risks, as well as how to protect yourself online. [Read More]
- UITS Launches NetID+ to Provide Stronger Protection for Campus Data To provide additional protection for sensitive data and online services on campus, University Information Technology Services is launching NetID+, a two-factor authentication service that will require more than just a single username and password. [Read More]
- Arizona Mobile App Has “Something for Everyone” University Information Technology Services (UITS) Web and Mobile Team has launched a fully redesigned Arizona Mobile app that offers enhanced features and even greater functionality for students, faculty, and staff. Developed in collaboration with several campus departments and services, the app provides users with convenient access to essential campus information from their smartphones, while maintaining key elements of ease and usability. [Read More]
- Jet Propulsion Lab CTO - 2014 IT Summit Keynote Speaker Tom Soderstrom, IT Chief Technology Officer, for NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory will be the luncheon keynote for the second annual UA IT Summit on Tuesday, October 28, 2014. [Read More]
- Eller Economy App Supports 'Informed Decision-Making' in Arizona The new mobile app provides policymakers, business owners, faculty, students, investors and members of the general public access to current and historic economic indicators for the state of Arizona. The app was developed by the UA's Economic and Business Research Center, in collaboration with the University's Mobile Matters team. [Read More]
- CIO Senior Leaders Teach Business Intelligence Course at Eller With demand for graduate level management information systems (MIS) courses on the rise, two senior staff from the Office of the CIO entered the classroom this spring to share their business intelligence expertise and provide students with a curriculum that delivers on the 100 percent engagement concept outlined in the UA strategic plan. Together, deputy chief information officer Barry Brummund and senior director of Enterprise Information and Analytics Hank Childers are teaching MIS 587: Business Intelligence. [Read More]
The Office of the CIO has recently added a media gallery section to its website. The media gallery will feature informative videos about important IT trends and initiatives, messages from the CIO, events, and news from Inside UITS. The latest compilation of videos feature the inaugural UA IT Summit which took place on July 10, 2013 and attracted over 400 IT professionals on campus. Be sure to hear what people are saying about the IT Summit and the excitement that is already building for next year’s event!
UA Tech Talk Blog
I had an opportunity to attend the Internet2 annual conference last week, now titled Internet2 Global Summit in recognition of attendees from all over the world and the combining of what used to be two separate conferences. There were about 800 attendees representing countries from all over the world.
There were several noteworthy topics that I found intriguing.