- University of Arizona Merges Business Intelligence and Institutional Research Change can be scary. It takes courage, and sometimes new, and awkward, collaboration. Oftentimes it’s easier to maintain status quo, even if it means missing out on great opportunities due to the change. Status quo is not good enough for the University of Arizona, which recently underwent a change that is already helping them better leverage data and analytics to drive student success at the institution. The change, however, did not happen overnight and requires ongoing hard work and open mindedness. [Read More]
- CIO Special Event - A New Era in Data Security The adoption of cloud and virtualization technologies has provided great benefits and efficiencies, and also created unique business challenges for IT professionals to navigate. Protecting your data and intellectual property is paramount. But how do you know what data protect, where to store it, when to share it, and what tools to use? [Read More]
- New Box@UA Lets Users Share Files Anytime, Anywhere, On Any Device Need to send a colleague a file that's too large to share over email? Box@UA, a new online cloud storage and collaboration tool, can help. Box@UA is an agreement between the University and Box, an online file-sharing service, to provide users with an easy way to store, access and share files anytime and anywhere from a computer or mobile device. The free service is now available to UA employees, students and designated campus colleagues. [Read More]
- Employees Must Enroll in NetID+ by April 30 to Access Campus VPN In response to increasing cyberattacks in higher education, the UA will soon require all employees who access the campus Virtual Private Network to enroll in NetID+, a two-factor authentication system designed to enhance security. "NetID+ is one of the best tools we can provide to help the campus community protect themselves and their data from being compromised," says Michele Norin, UA vice president for information technology and CIO. [Read More]
- UAConnect Exchange 2013 Migration in Progress Project Update: The UAConnect Exchange 2013 Migration is in progress and is providing an updated Online Web App (OWA) experience. Currently over 8,000 mailboxes containing over 23TB of data have been moved. [Read More]
- UA Students: Girls in Tech Catalyst Conference Silicon Valley-based non-profit Girls in Tech will be in downtown Phoenix Sunday, April 26th through Tuesday, April 28th at Hotel Palomar for their annual Catalyst Conference. Over 500 participants are expected to attend the two-day event showcasing women at the forefront of technology and innovation and featuring progressive topics in technology, entrepreneurship and leadership. University of Arizona students are able to register at the special discounted price of $75. [Read More]
Digital course materials are a growing trend in higher education. Growing numbers of students and faculty in higher education are taking advantage of digital media’s greater interactivity, customization of educational content, and opportunities for social collaboration.
UA Tech Talk Blog
In the national higher education community there has been a lot of conversation about university learning environments and how they impact student success. From traditional lectures and labs, to flipped and hybrid classrooms, to Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)—all of these options require use of particular pedagogies that enhance learning outcomes.