- Michele Norin Featured in CIO Review Magazine University of Arizona CIO Michele Norin has been featured in CIO Review Magazine’s special issue focusing on Education Technology. She highlights UA tools that help students succeed, such as Smart Planner, Degree Tracker, and the Arizona Mobile App, as well as the Classroom Technology Upgrade Program. [Read More]
- Jet Propulsion Lab CTO - 2014 IT Summit Keynote Speaker Tom Soderstrom, IT Chief Technology Officer, for NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory will be the luncheon keynote for the second annual UA IT Summit on Tuesday, October 28, 2014. [Read More]
- Register Now - Second Annual UA IT Summit, October 28 This one-day event is focused on the power of collaboration among UA IT professionals, to enhance partnerships with campus and industry partners, as well as showcase technologies that will transform the university's ability to innovate, collaborate, and educate for years to come. [Read More]
- BIO5 Searchable Database Ignites Collaboration Published research at the University of Arizona is now far more accessible with the newly enhanced searchable life science database, BioConnect. Introduced by the UA’s BIO5 Institute, the updated BioConnect is the latest improvement in stimulating the collaborative nature of research on campus at UA. [Read More]
- UA CIO Participates in Educause Cybersecurity Webinar In recognition of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, today EDUCAUSE hosted a free webinar "CIO Insights on Cybersecurity" featuring Michele Norin, along with CIOs from the University of Maryland, Baltimore and the University of Oregon. [Read More]
Digital course materials are a growing trend in higher education. Growing numbers of students and faculty in higher education are taking advantage of digital media’s greater interactivity, customization of educational content, and opportunities for social collaboration.
UA Tech Talk Blog
I had a very unique opportunity to attend Cisco’s Internet of Things (IoT) World Forum 2014 last week in Chicago. What a great event! I came away completely inspired about how far we’ve come with the pervasiveness of technology and where we may be headed as more of our physical world is connected to the virtual world.