- Sun Corridor Network Announces New Executive Director The Sun Corridor Network Board of Directors recently announced the appointment of Michael C. Sherman as executive director. Sherman will lead the business and administrative operations for the research and education network, which is a collaborative effort sponsored by the Arizona Board of Regents’ (ABOR) three state universities— Arizona State University (ASU), Northern Arizona University (NAU), and the University of Arizona (UA). [Read More]
- iSpace Fosters Big Ideas From a small room can come very large ideas. Mix in some high-end tech services and a wide variety of geniuses, and the chances for innovation are all the better. This is the notion fueling the iSpace, a newly realized collaborative working environment at the University of Arizona Science and Engineering Library. Designed to provide cross-disciplinary interaction, the iSpace is the result of a collaboration among Innovate UA, the College of Humanities, and the UA Libraries. [Read More]
- Third Annual IT Summit Focuses on Collaboration, Communication A record number of information technology professionals, campus presenters and industry sponsors attended the third annual UA Information Technology Summit to learn about IT projects and initiatives on campus and explore ways to work together to support the UA's strategic mission. Hosted by the Office of the Chief Information Officer, the annual UA IT Summit has become an important venue for campus IT professionals to share information. [Read More]
- CIO Annual Report 2015 Online Edition The online edition of the Annual Report for fiscal year 2015 is now available, which can be downloaded as a PDF or flipped through in the browser window. The 2015 report highlights projects the campus IT community and the Office of the CIO have accomplished via collaborative efforts that increased communication and efficiency and improved outcomes. [Read More]
- Putting the 'U' in 24/7 UITS The University Information Technology Services 24/7 IT Support Center puts the ‘U’ in UITS as Customer Service Week comes to a close. With the rebranding of CatChat, a program to better assist students looking for computer help without leaving the comfort of their residence hall, and the support center’s always open doors, Peg Kearney, a 24/7 IT Support Center Information Technology manager, said, “This is a big deal for people like us.” [Read More]
Digital course materials are a growing trend in higher education. Growing numbers of students and faculty in higher education are taking advantage of digital media’s greater interactivity, customization of educational content, and opportunities for social collaboration.
UA Tech Talk Blog
As I wrap up my incredible journey here at UA for a new role at Rutgers University, I am reminded of the old adage, 'nothing is constant except change.' During my tenure our IT community has experienced many changes and made tremendous progress, all of which I am proud to have been part of.